Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HOW TO WASH AND CONDITION YOUR HAIR

Hello people!! Wuussssuuupppp?

OK so, I'm feeling very great at the moment. LOL. I'm shaking my head from left to right continuously. I just finished washing and conditioning my hair and it feels soooo great!!!



I'm going to do describe how I did it and mention the products I used. This is not for only natural hair; any type of hair can go with these steps. It all depends on the type of products your hair requires. 

I literally did not comb or wash my hair throughout the past week! LOL

Before I begin I would also like to add that, no one has 'bad' hair or whatever, it's just the way you handle it that it will be and also that, you should study your hair and knows what works best for you because everyone is different. OK? So let’s start!!

What you'll need:

  1. Close to an hour and thirty minutes 
  2. Olive oil (I used Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil - No cholesterol)
  3. A plastic cap
  4. A table spoon
  5. Any timer
  6. Moisturizing Shampoo ( I used Revlon Outrageous Shampoo and conditioner because I didn't have just a shampoo)
  7. Moisturizing conditioner (I used Herbal essences totally twisted conditioner revitalisant (to boost the curls you know, because I want to go natural!) - I was torn between this and their hello hydration moisturizing conditioner.
  8. Any leave-in conditioner
  9. A wide tooth comb
  10. Luke warm water
  11. Your fingers!
Here we go, GOOD LUCK!!

The steps are:
  1. Divide your dry hair into 4-6 sections or more depending on the type of  your hair
  2. Using your fingers, apply a tablespoonful of olive oil to each section. Work your way up from the roots to the tips. If you have very dense roots you may want to spend more time there. Gently untangle the hair from roots to tips with YOUR FINGERS.
  3. When all the sections are done and heavy with the olive oil, put on a plastic cap for about an hour. This will help to soften the hair and the tangles.
  4. Take off the cap, and then rinse your hair with the lukewarm water for 3-6 minutes. DO NOT TRY TO UNTANGLE THE HAIR! Just gently rinse it. This will loosen up the hair even more and get rid of most of the products accumulated since your last wash.
  5. Apply the shampoo to your wet hair. Massage it very gently and work it up as usual, form the roots to the tips. Also DO NOT TRY TO UNTANGLE THE HAIR!
  6. Rinse it out thoroughly
  7. Apply the conditioner to the hair in the similar manner. Make sure you get every strand of hair. At this point, you follow the instructions on your conditioner container.
  8. This is where the fight occurs. Comb through your hair gently from roots to tips. The amount of conditioner you use also depends on the density of your hair!
  9. Rinse out the conditioner very thoroughly
  10. Apply the leave-in conditioner to the hair
It’s time to dry your hair! I would advise that you try as much as possible to air-dry your hair instead of blow-drying it. If you are in a hurry and you would like to blow-dry it, make sure you use a heat protector spray before doing so. I use TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray.

Tadaaa.. We are done!! I hope you feel as great and fresh as I do right now. 

If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments section below! I absolutely want to hear from you and know how it went! 

If you are in Canada you can get these and even more products from well.ca. They have great deals and offer free shipping Canada wide!

Thank you for your time and have a blessed week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)